Unlike other educational streams, Engineering is most sought after and highly professional too. As it is based on the technical foundation, hence requires a great deal of effort to get into any of the engineering lines. It is no wonder that getting into an engineering college nowadays is just like a ball game. Especially, top engineering colleges make you scratch your brain before letting you in. It proves that taking admission into top engineering colleges is not only about preparing well for variety of examinations; however it is much more than that. From scoring well to choosing the best college and selecting the branch of your interest to successful counseling sessions, it covers all. Undoubtedly, it is the plot where majority of students fail. Therefore, in order to embed a default winning state, 5 best ways to get admission into top engineering colleges is listed below for you:
- Prioritize the colleges- It is a fact that majority of the students follow same sequence in selecting colleges. The established IITs make the mark by staying at the first position. Then comes the NITs and as the sequence goes below, certain other established and branded institutions comes in front and few other colleges appear at the end. However, it is not necessary that this sequence proves true for everyone. You may wonder that a great number of students prefer to do B.Tech in Punjab. Certainly, it is a prime flow, but still not for each student. Hence, it is always advised to think deeply while prioritizing your college list. It is but obvious to choose the top college in the first go, but it takes an outstanding out of box ability of the student to choose the one which he/she finds best in terms of real educational, experiential and placement parameters.
- Selecting your branch- We are very well aware about the status of engineering exams nowadays. The scenario of entrance exams has changed in a drastic way. Moreover, the branch selection has become highly tedious. It is not only because of a variety of branches, however, it is more because of the gap between the results of distant exams. It has been observed that this time duration is the most crucial phase of an aspiring engineering student. He/she always stays in the dilemma of which college and which branch to choose. The result calculation of IITs, AIEEE and others as well leaves the student in a cranky situation. Hence, it is always advised to make combinations of the branches on your part, even though you don’t have results in hand. At least choice out 3 best branches for every college, so that you have a big number of combinations when the result will be out. This will definitely help you to pass out the others.
- Fixing the college – Once you have crafted the best combos of the branches, fix a college in your mind on the basis of true critical comparison. B.Tech in Punjab is in high trends amongst the highly aspiring students. If you are too specific about the top colleges, then on the basis of your probable rank or score, compare 50-60 colleges in terms of the education, placement rate, peer environment and faculty. This will greatly help you to chalk out the few best ones for yourself. On the other hand, if you are pretty unsure about the rank, make a list of other branded and established colleges and choose the highly recognized one for further studies.
- Clear the counseling – Since you have selected the branches and the colleges, now make the combinations of the branches and the colleges. This step will make you cross all rounds of counseling very well. For an instance, set your branch combos for IITs, for AIEEE and other private as well as state colleges. Undoubtedly, it will reduce the burden to a great extent and this pre planning will protect you any career mistakes which you may regret later.
- Flexible for change– It is a universal fact that pressure either creates good results or bad depending upon the individual. Therefore, in case, you realize that you have not chosen the right field or branch or college for yourself, make sure to stand up and be flexible to change your decision if possible. Keeping the circumstances of the students in mind, AIEEE has provided this facility of changing your branch in different rounds of the counseling. Same can be seen in offline counseling sessions too. It is often seen that if vacant or available, you may get a high preference branch too.
Ultimately, we can say that before a choice practice enough to make it perfect. Therefore, without any hustle tussle, take proper time to go through surveys, history of admissions and range of colleges in order to jump into nothing less than the best.